Heat Transfer LT is a special coated paper for transfer of images to light-coloured textiles,
making customising T-shirts, tote bags, and other cotton-based fabrics an easy activity,
doable with a household iron. Suitable for most inkjet printers.
Printer Driver settings:
Set to Transfer Paper mode (if available) or Normal Paper using best print quality.
- Print in mirror image mode onto the white, unprinted side of the transfer paper.
- Allow printout to dry for 30 minutes before continuing.
- Pre-heat your iron at its highest setting. To achieve optimal results, please ensure
your iron is capable of reaching a temperature of 160C+ at its highest setting.
- Cut out the image with 5mm space and place the paper with image side face down
onto the fabric which must be wrinkle free and pre-ironed.
- Place a smooth cloth (e.g. 2-3 kitchen towels or a folded pillowcase between the
fabric and a solid surface (e.g. table top)
- Iron the image by applying consistent circular downward pressure, ensuring you
distribute the heat evenly.
- Concentrate on using the centre of the iron during transfer, including all edges of
image. Do not use steam. Apply heat for 60-90 seconds (for A5-sized images) and
90-120 seconds for larger sizes.
- Let the transfer paper cool and peel off the interleaving paper from one of the corners
using firm and steady pressure.
- To transfer more than one image onto both sides of a fabric: iron all images onto
the fabric but do not remove the transfer backing paper. Allow the images to cool down
completely before removing the transfer paper.
Poor image: bleeding colours/text
Reduce the amount of ink by increasing the brightness by about 10%.
Wash at max 40C, turning the fabric inside out. Do not bleach. Do not use a tumble-dryer.
Ironing after after washing: protect the image with paper (e.g. kitchen baking paper)